Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Let's get the ball rolling...!

Now here are two girls who bake,
And like to show off what they make.
Savoury or sweet,
They make it then eat,
Because life isn't life without cake!


Welcome to Roll with the Thymes!

We like food and we like each other so what better way to spend our time together than baking?! Both "twenty-somethings", we have a passion for all things B... Namely baking, beards and bath bombs. We met whilst working at Lush Ipswich over Christmas 2014 and became firm friends almost instantly - always the best way to start a friendship!

Pippa
I'm 24, from Ipswich, and I just really like cake! I have always enjoyed baking, but started to experiment with more exciting and ambitious bakes in my early twenties. I've been a vegetarian since I was born and, in between writing, playing video games, and hanging out with Bekki, I love to cook savoury delights that prove that veggie food can be just as good as meat!

Signature Dishes: Lemon tart & lavender madeleines

Worst bake: a chocolate cake where I accidentally used baking SODA instead of baking POWDER... whoops?

Bekki
My passion for baking and cookery began when I was 7 during school holidays which I used to spend with my grandma cooking up all manner of tasty treats with varying degrees of success. I'm a bit green fingered and love trying to grow various goodies so hopefully will be able to include some in recipes. Originally from Hampshire, spent 7 years in East Anglia but now living in Teesside... I don't like staying in one place!

Signature Dishes: Chocolate tart & Cheesecakes

Worst Bake: Bagels and creme brulee. Both are my nemesis. 

What to expect from us? Savoury and sweet baking goodies, Veggie vs Meaty, Expectation vs Reality and much, much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment