Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Beef Burgers




Having been to a few gourmet burger joints, my standards have sky rocketed when it comes to burgers now. No flavourless, floppy McDonalds for me! Here is a basic, yet tasty recipe for the perfect beef burgers. Why not try with my Bacon Jam (recipe here), cheese, salad and maybe some homemade wedges!? - Bekki

Ingredients;
1 small white onion
500g minced beef steak
1 large egg
Salt & pepper to season

Equipment;
Processor

Oven temperature;
200c/400f/Gas 6

Method;
  • Peel your onion and place into the food processor with the blade attachment. 
  • Blitz until the onion is in very small pieces - nobody wants big lumps of onion in their burgers.
  • Next, add the mince, egg and seasoning into the mixer with the onion. I recommend about a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper, but it is very much up to personal preference. If you like them more peppery, add as much as you like. If you'd prefer to leave out the salt, that's fine too.
  • Blitz in the processor until everything is well combined and there are no big lumps of mince left.
  • Next it's time to shape your patties. I got 10 thin burgers out of this but I would recommend going for 8. Place onto a baking tray or in a pyrex dish.
  • Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, turning once half way.
  • Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before enjoying as you please!
Verdict;

The basic recipe allows the beefs delicious flavour to shine rather than be masked. I prefer to add in my flavours with other fillings as opposed to into the burger itself as you can't really taste it to check it's balanced before cooking!
I went all out and added breaded onion rings, tomato, bacon jam, lettuce, bbq sauce and emmental cheese! Easily one of the best burgers I've had at home and the combinations of fillings are endless. Next time I'm thinking PB&J with a bit of my Bacon Jack Jam and some peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment