Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Nicecream

Suitable for vegans


I am forever ripping one of our best friends, Jon (follow him on Instagram here, he works for Lush and posts loads of good foodie bits too), who is vegetarian and edging towards being vegan for his "alternative" recipes for things otherwise unsuitable for vegans. When he first told me about nicecream I was super sceptical and unimpressed. How can you compare blitzed banana to ice cream!? This is a crime, surely?! However, I hold my hands up and say, as a clean eater Mon-Sat, this is a godsend! - Bekki

Ingredients;
3 bananas. Chopped and frozen.
2tsp vanilla bean paste
100g strawberries (optional)

Equipment;
Blender, nutribullet or food processor

Method;
  • Place your bananas and vanilla in the blender or processor. (Add strawberries too if you want strawberry flavour)
  • Blend until smooth and creamy.
Yes really. That's it! You may need to add a little liquid (coconut milk, almond milk etc) to get things going to begin with, it depends on your blender.

Verdict;

Although I was a snob about this I am totally loving it whilst dieting because it's clean and literally just fruit blitzed. The banana somehow goes from gritty to creamy in the blender after a while and the texture is amazing. You can also freeze any that you aren't intending to eat right away. Just get it back out the freezer 10-15 minutes before you want to eat it.

There is no end to flavour combinations here. Any fruit can go in with the bananas although I'd avoid citrus as they may be just a bit too watery.

I made chocolate fudge flavour by adding the equivalent of a scoop of chocolate protein powder and some of my Jack Daniels Fudge... AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment